Students, university members, schools or any educational institutions and libraries, get a € 30 Euro discount and buy the book at € 69 Euro. Requirement: either your billing or your shipping address must be your organization. Create an account (menu My Account), then, write us, we will e-mail the discount code.
A Practical and Scientific Approach to Sustainable Development
What can be done about the major concerns of our Global Economy on energy, global warming, sustainable development, user-friendly processes, and green chemistry? Here is an important contribution to the mastering of these phenomena today. Written by Joseph Davidovits, the inventor and founder of geopolymer science, Geopolymer Chemistry and Applications is an introduction to the subject for the newcomers, students, engineers and professionals. You will find science, chemistry, formulas and very practical information (including patents’ excerpts) covering:
- The mineral polymer concept: silicones and geopolymers
- Macromolecular structure of natural silicates and aluminosilicates
- Scientiﬁc Tools, X-rays, FTIR, NMR
- The synthesis of mineral geopolymers
- Poly(siloxonate) and polysilicate, soluble silicate, Si:Al=1:0
- Chemistry of (Na,K)–oligo-sialates: hydrous alumino-silicate gels and zeolites
- Kaolinite / Hydrosodalite-based geopolymer, poly(sialate) Si:Al=1:1
- Metakaolin MK-750-based geopolymer, poly(sialate- siloxo) Si:Al=2:1
- Calcium-based geopolymer, (Ca, K, Na)-sialate, Si:Al=1, 2, 3
- Rock-based geopolymer, poly(sialate-multisiloxo) 1<5
- Silica-based geopolymer, sialate link and siloxo link in poly(siloxonate) Si:Al>5
- Fly ash-based geopolymer
- Phosphate-based geopolymer
- Organic-mineral geopolymer
- Properties: physical, chemical and long-term durability
- Quality controls
- Development of user-friendly systems
- Castable geopolymer, industrial and decorative applications
- Geopolymer – ﬁber composites
- Foamed geopolymer
- Geopolymers in ceramic processing
- Manufacture of geopolymer cement
- Geopolymer concrete
- Geopolymers in toxic and radioactive waste management
It is a textbook, a reference book instead of being a collection of scientific papers. Each chapter is followed by a bibliography of the relevant published literature including 75 patents, 120 tables, 360 figures, 595 references, 730 authors cited, representing the most up to date contributions of the scientific community. The industrial applications of geopolymers with engineering procedures and design of processes are also covered in this book.
The discovery of a new class of inorganic materials, geopolymer resins, binders, cements and concretes, resulted in wide scientific interest and kaleidoscopic development of applications. From the first industrial research efforts in 1972 at the Cordi-Géopolymère private research laboratory, Saint-Quentin, France, until the end of 2007, hundreds of papers and patents were published dealing with geopolymer science and technology.
Although review articles and conference proceedings cover various aspects of the science and application of geopolymers, a researcher or engineer is still at a loss to readily obtain specific information about geopolymers and their use. It is this void that we hope to fill with this book.
There are two main purposes in preparing this book: it is an introduction to the subject of geopolymers for the newcomer to the field, for students, and a reference for additional information. Background details on structure, properties, characterization, synthesis, chemistry applications are included.
There are many examples in geopolymer science where an issued patent is either a primary reference or the only source of essential technical information. Excerpts from the more important patents are included in some chapters.
The industrial applications of geopolymers with engineering procedures and design of processes is also covered in this book.
The book holds:
- 644 pages
- 124 tables
- 373 figures and pictures
- 85 patents
- 588 references
- 850 authors cited in references
- Hard-cover book, high quality printing, light cream color paper.
Free Download of Table of Contents and Chapter 1
of “Geopolymer Chemistry and Applications” (1.3 MB in PDF format).