The 2nd International Ceramic Conference is organized by major international institutions: American Ceramic Society, European Ceramic Society and Asian Ceramic Society. Its President, Dr. Nicola Babini asked the Geopolymer community to organize a Geopolymer Special Event. This is a great opportunity for us. We shall tell to the world that an ecological high-tech, environmentally friendly, ceramic-like technology exists !
It is not a regular Geopolymer Conference. The Workshop will highlight and present a summary of the scientific and technological state of art, the actual market picture and the foreseen industrial developments.
The Geopolymer Event is chaired by Prof. Joseph Davidovits and comprises 3 parts:
1) Geopolymer State of the Art: from 3:00 pm to 4:20 pm
- Introduction (5 min): Joseph Davidovits (France)
- Structure and Science (15 min.): Ken Mackenzie (New Zealand)
- High-tech ceramics and refractories (15 min.): Trudy Kriven/Bell (USA)
- Radioactive and hazardous waste (15 min.): Dan Perera (Australia)
- Geopolymer concrete, Economic feasibility (15 min.): van Deventer/Provis/Duxson (Australia)
- Low tech ceramic building materials (15 min.): C. Kaps / A. Buchwald (Weimar, Germany).
After the 5 presentations, we shall ask the audience to write down any questions or comments. Then, we shall select the more representative topics to be discussed during the Round Table.
2) Round Table discussion: from 4:20 to 5:15 pm involving the 6 speakers;
3) Poster presentation: from 5:15 to 7:00 pm, within the framework of Theme 4, Geopolymer. All research groups may present posters covering all aspect of their researches.
THE REGISTRATION FOR POSTER PRESENTATION IS STILL OPEN.
Visit the site of ICC2-conference
Professor Joseph Davidovits
Chair, Geopolymer Special Event
ICC2 International Ceramic Conference,
Verona, Italy, June 30-July 04, 2008