This free webinar covers various aspects of the geopolymer science and applications. Yet, you will find a focus on geopolymer cement and concrete to celebrate its successful commercialization that raises a great interest all over the world.
Professor Joseph Davidovits spans a broad spectrum of valuable knowledge in this 2¼ hours video by reviewing the following topics:
- Geopolymer definitions.
- Real world and successful applications and commercialization.
- Heat and fire-resistant geopolymer.
- Why did it take 30 years to commercialize geopolymer cement?
- Alkali Activated Materials are not Polymers, so they cannot be used as synonyms for Geo-Polymers!
- The “good” geopolymer terminology and why using it opens its understanding.
- Principles of geopolymer technologies (it is first a real “polymer”).
- Fly ash-based geopolymer concrete: how to make a good one.
- The 6 basic rules in geopolymer processing.
- False CO2 emissions calculations.
2h15, 265 MB, 8301 downloads. Click on the icon on the right to watch it fullscreen.
Join Professor Joseph Davidovits and listen to the Free Geopolymer WEBINAR Spring 2016 (free Web Workshop), April 19-20, 2016, a 1-day talk of 3 hours including 3-4 breaks with Q&A that will cover:
- The impact of geopolymer on your R&D projects, university research, product marketing or industrial practices.
- The fundamental principles and concept of geopolymer science and technology (geopolymer resins, binders and cements, high-tech composites, fire- and heat-resistance materials);
- The major impact of geopolymer chemistry on our global economy in terms of low-energy and low-CO2 production technologies: geopolymer cements, geopolymer ceramics, eco-building, LTGS bricks;
LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH. Each talk is designed in order to encourage fruitful discussions between Prof. Joseph Davidovits (3-4 breaks with Q&A).
During the webinar, we plan 2 identical sessions with the same talk and content but with a different time. It will help to connect with people around the world with different time zones. If you have any doubt for the time and date for your country, visit a time zone converter website like this one: thetimenow.com
April 19, 2016:
- Session 1: 07:00 UTC+0 (GMT) for Europe, Africa, Asia (09:00 Paris / Berlin, 09:00 Johannesburg, 10:00 Moscow, 11:00 Dubai, 12:00 New Delhi, 14:00 Jakarta, 15:00 Beijing, 16:00 Tokyo, 17:00 Sidney, 19:00 Auckland).
April 20, 2016:
- Session 2: 16:00 UTC+0 (GMT) for Europe and Americas (18:00 Paris / Berlin, 17:00 London / Casablanca, 13:00 Rio de Janeiro, 12:00 New York, 11:00 Mexico City, 09:00 Los Angeles).
Outline of the talk:
The talk shows how the development of the geopolymer science concept was governed by the need to solve global technological problems in the industrial fields of extractive minerals, ceramics, cements, building materials, decorative stones and restoration works, fire and heat resistant composites, high-tech composites for aerospace, aircraft, naval and automobile, radioactive and toxic waste containment, thermal insulation. It further provides a clear distinction between geopolymer and alkali-activated materials and highlights some historical milestones. Upon completion of this presentation, you will be able to make a clear cut between geopolymer technologies and low-tech/alkali-activated systems.
Who shall attend?
Students, scientists, researchers, engineers from public and private organizations, curious or long-term experienced people in their fields of expertise, professionals involved in a wide range of development, including managers, finance specialists, R&D, marketing, business decision makers, technology and products development specialists, etc.
Technical requirements: We will use the GoToWebinar system from LogMeIn working with many computers (PC, Mac, iOS or Android App), including a fast internet connection, a web browser and the GoToMeeting application that you must install in your computer or your mobile/tablet device. For more information, please verify that you meet the systems requirements for GoToMeeting. Before joining the meeting from the e-mail invitation, please join a test meeting to confirm that you are able to successfully join a meeting.
Do not wait to register. You will immediately receive an e-mail with all the details and a personal link to connect to the webinar. More, you will receive 3 reminders by e-mail, one week, one day and one hour before the beginning of each session.
|Click on one of the button below :|
|Register to the 7:00 UTC+0 session|
Europe / Africa / Asia
19 April 2016
|Register to the 16:00 UTC+0 session|
Europe / Americas
20 April 2016
If you have any doubt for the time and date for your country, visit a time zone converter website like this one: thetimenow.com
We’ll use this information to keep you informed once or twice a year about news or other plans provided by the Geopolymer Institute, and to gather demographic data yielding visitors statistics. Any information gathered using this form will not be given, sold or traded to anyone outside of the Geopolymer Institute for any reason.
We consider all messages received as confidential because they may contain information that is privileged and exempt from disclosure. We will not transmit to third parties your e-mail address. According to the French law (art. 34 of the law “Informatique et Libertés” ( Computer and Liberty ) 6-jan-1978), you have the right to access, edit, modify and delete all data concerning you. To apply this right, please write us.